GUEST ENTRY POLICY
EFFECTIVE OCT 9, 2021
The Aventura Arts & Cultural Center announces safety protocols for guest attendance at all performances. All guests age 2 and over are required to wear a suitable face covering while inside the theater. In addition, for entry on the premises for performances, all guests age 12 and over are asked to provide documentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test (with fully vaccinated guests provided the option of providing documentation of full vaccination status).
We look forward to welcoming you, our audiences, back to experience the magic of live theater. Like many other venues around the country, we have implemented new protocols as part of our commitment to the safe enjoyment of our performances. Here’s what you can expect when you come to the theater, starting on Saturday, October 9, 2021.
Entry Policy Update
- All guests age 2 and over are required to wear a suitable face covering consistent with CDC guidelines (completely covering the nose, mouth and under the chin) while inside at any theater, except when eating or drinking in designated areas.
- All guests age 12 and over are required to present documentation (printed or digital) to event staff before entering the venue showing a negative COVID-19 PCR test result conducted within 72 hours prior to the performance, or a negative COVID-19 Antigen test result conducted within 24 hours prior to the performance start time. As an alternative, fully vaccinated guests have the option of presenting documentation (printed or digital photo) to event staff showing full vaccination status (i.e., completion of final dose at least 14 days prior to the performance date).
- Any special conditions or policy changes for upcoming events including face coverings, proof of vaccinations or COVID-19 test requirements, will be sent directly to ticketholders and updated regularly on Aventura Arts & Cultural Center’s website AventuraCenter.org.
- Matching photo ID will be required for adults 18 and over.
Please be advised that it is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to communicate these policies to whomever they may be providing tickets. Performance ticket holders who do not comply with these policies may be required to leave the theater without refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS PROPER DOCUMENTATION OF A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST RESULT?
The documentation of a negative test must meet these three (3) requirements:
- The test result must be a PCR COVID-19 test (sometimes referred to as a molecular test), or an Antigen COVID-19 test (rapid) conducted by a laboratory.
- The test result must be negative and from a test conducted within 72 hours for PCR or 24 hours for Antigen (rapid) of the scheduled start time of the performance.
- The test result can be printed or digital (including an email or text message from the test provider displayed on a phone or electronic device), and must clearly reflect the name of the guest, the date of the test, the type of test performed, and the negative test result.
Testing is free, easy and fast at hundreds of locations throughout Florida. To find a testing site near you, please visit: Test Site Finder.
WHAT IF I AM FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19?
Fully vaccinated guests have the option of providing documentation of that status instead of providing documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result.
Acceptable documentation may be the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or a digital copy of such card.
Proof of full vaccination means that the last vaccination dose has been administered at least 14 days prior to the performance date; if the dose is from a two-dose vaccination series, full vaccination status is not met until 14 days after the second dose.
WILL THE VENUE BE MAKING COPIES OR RECORDS OF ANY DOCUMENTATION?
No. Our staff will review the documentation you provide, but will not require or retain any duplicates of your documentation.
HOW ARE YOU VERIFYING THAT DOCUMENTATION IS VALID?
We have a fundamental belief that most people are honest. Our staff will be trained to recognize valid documentation, which is one of several layers of health and safety protocols being implemented. Matching photo ID will be required for adults 18 and over.
I AM INELIGIBLE TO BE VACCINATED OR HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO BE VACCINATED. AM I ABLE TO ATTEND A PERFORMANCE?
Yes. There are many reasons why our guests may be unvaccinated and nothing in this policy requires any guest to provide documentation of vaccination. Fully vaccinated guests have the option but not the obligation to furnish documentation of vaccination status instead of providing verification of a recent negative COVID-19 test. There will be no separate sections for unvaccinated or vaccinated guests.
I AM FULLY VACCINATED OR HAD A RECENT NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST. AM I STILL REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE COVER?
Yes. Face coverings are required for all guests age 2 and over, staff, crew and volunteers in public areas, including our classrooms and theaters. Based on guidance from health authorities, face coverings must completely cover each person’s nose, mouth and chin. Neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or hole are not acceptable alternatives.* (*Any exceptions require documentation as noted on our Accessibility Information webpage).
WHAT IF I WOULD RATHER GET A REFUND?
Refunds are available for anyone who submits confirmation of a positive test result in the ten-day period prior to the performance. For tickets purchased through resale or third-party sites, please contact those purchase sites directly to determine their refund policies.
Commitment To Health & Safety
From the start of the pandemic, we have been committed to the health & wellbeing of our audiences, artists and staff. We continue to listen to our community and the artists who perform on our stages. Many artists are requesting audience, staff and crew safety protocols that include requiring a negative test result or as an alternative, showing proof of vaccination in order to perform. In addition to guest entry policy, vaccinations are required for staff, volunteers and crew working performances.
The Aventura Arts & Cultural Center continues to closely monitor the advice of public health authorities including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and follow the guidance of Cleveland Clinic regarding indoor activities and plan our safety protocols accordingly. Specific health and safety guidelines and protocols are subject to change and will be communicated to ticket holders in advance of performances.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Review our Health & Safety Guidelines for full details.