Updated as of June 20, 2018.
The Performing Arts Center Authority (“PACA”) operates the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (“Broward Center”), the Parker Playhouse (“Parker Playhouse”), and the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center (“Aventura Center”), and operates the websites, www.browardcenter.org, www.parkerplayhouse.com, and www.aventuracenter.org, respectively.
Information We Collect and How
When we collect information, PACA’s primary goal is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience when you are using our websites. We collect personal information about you from:
You, when you voluntarily provide us with information
Third parties who may provide your information to us
If we collect information directly from you, you may have the option to decline to provide us with that information. If you decline to provide information, however, that may affect your use of our Services.
The personal information we collect about you may include, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Name, address and telephone number(s)
- Email address(es)
- Credit/debit card number(s), including associated billing address(es), expiration dates and security codes
- Information required to facilitate your ticket purchase, including whether you require accommodations for special seating or other special accommodations
- Technical information such as your browser type, IP address, type of operating system you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider, mobile advertising identifiers and pages that you visit on our Services
- Information provided via surveys or other marketing research efforts
- The contents of the email messages you send to us, your email address or contact information you provide, and our response, to handle follow-up questions you may have.
PACA’s websites may contain hyperlinks to other websites, including those of other select organizations, which are beyond PACA’s control. PACA is not responsible for the privacy practices, data security, or the content of any other such websites not in PACA’s control. Our visitors are responsible for reviewing the privacy policies for such other websites.
Please note that children (under the age of 18) are not eligible to use PACA’s websites or Services. We ask that minors not submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from minors. If you are a minor, you may use this service only with the permission of your parent or guardian. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor who has provided personal knowledge without your knowledge or consent, you may request that we remove the minor’s information by emailing email@example.com.
Sensitive Personal Information
To the extent that the personal information we collect constitutes sensitive personal information under any applicable law(s), including where such laws promote a substantial public interest, PACA will collect and process this sensitive personal information within the limits provided by applicable law(s).
Some examples of this type of information include:
- You have provided medical information to us to request specific assistance (such as the provision of wheelchair-accessible seating) from us
- You or someone in your party has a medical condition that requires certain accommodations to enjoy our productions
- You have otherwise chosen to provide such information to us, or that information has been passed onto us by a third party when you purchased your tickets
- In addition, you may have requested services that are not “sensitive personal information” but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information. We do not use such data to infer any sensitive personal information about you.
Like most websites, the PACA websites use “Cookies.” A Cookie is a text file, invoked by standard browser software, which we store on your computer’s hard drive. Our Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information but enable us record session information, track transactions, record information about the pages you link to on PACA’s websites.
When you use our Services, we may receive technical information such as your browser type, the type of operating system that you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider, mobile advertising identifiers, and pages that you visit on our Services. We get this information, not to compromise your privacy, but to simplify our site administration by recording commonly used data. For example, we may want to know how long you spend on our Services, and what features get your attention.
You can change your Cookie settings. Some browsers may permit you to control whether or not it will accept or reject Cookies, or notify you each time a Cookie is sent. Please consult your browser settings. You may reject Cookies by adjusting your browser settings, but doing so may limit the range of features that our Services provide you by doing so.
We use four types of Cookies on our Services.
1. Essential Cookies – These Cookies enable you to use our Services. They are essential to enable you to browse our Services and to use certain features. If you disable these essential Cookies, that may prevent you from using parts of our Services. Without these Cookies, Services such as the ticket purchasing activities and payment cannot be provided. These Cookies help us keep our Services safe and secure.
2. Preference Cookies – These Cookies store information such as your preferred production type (i.e., Broadway shows or children’s programming). Without these Cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices that you have previously made, or personalize your browsing experience. These Cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide us with the same information more than once.
3. Performance Cookies - These Cookies collect information about how you use our Services, such as which pages you visit most frequently. We use these Cookies to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times and error messages.
4. Content and Advertising Cookies – These Cookies gather information about your use of our Services so that we can improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on surveys or marketing materials. Some of these Cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services, to provide advertising on our Services and elsewhere, based on users’ online activities. We’ll explain how we share your information with third parties below. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information, such as websites visited, time of visit, across many different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads from us and other companies over the internet.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us.
Information That We Share with Third Parties
We may occasionally make personal identifiable information available to select other organizations whose products or services you might find interesting, including but not limited to non-profit arts organizations, affiliated organizations, agents working on our behalf, or companies or organizations with whom we have a contractual or sponsor relationship. These select other organizations may use this information to contact you for marketing purposes, by mail, e-mail, or by telephone.
In addition, third parties, including those not affiliated with us, may provide some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Services. As noted above, these third parties may collect or receive technical information about your use of our Services, including using Cookies. This information may be collected over time and combined with information collected on different websites and online services.
For example, some of our Services include social network or other third-party plug-ins (such as Facebook’s "Like" button) that enable you to login to certain of our Services, to comment on content available on our Services, and to share things you find on our Services with your social network. The providers of these plug-ins may be able to collect information about you even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget and regardless of whether you have an account or other relationship with these social networks and third parties. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
Some third parties may also collect information about users of our Services in order to provide interest-based advertising (on our Services and elsewhere, including across browsers and devices, also known as cross-device linking). This may include anonymized or de-identified information about you, such as specific types of productions or programming that you search for on our Services. These third parties may use the information they collect on our Services to make predictions about your interests in order to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications and Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
If you tell us that you do not want to receive marketing messages, we will stop sending them. Just click the opt-out or unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive to manage your marketing preferences. You can also send an email from the email address you wish to unsubscribe with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive any contact or correspondence from any of the select other organizations to whom PACA has provided your personal identifiable information, please make such request to us at the e-mail address, telephone number or mailing address displayed below. Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
Address: Broward Center for the Performing Arts
201 SW 5th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Regardless of your opt-out preferences, we reserve the right to send you certain communications, and share your information with third parties for administrative, transactional and analytical purposes.
How We Use the Information That We Collect
We may use the personal information that we collect on PACA websites to communicate with you regarding special offers, to update information from either the Broward Center, the Parker Playhouse or the Aventura Center, to offer you new services, or for other marketing purposes. We may also register you as a user, allow you to purchase and ship tickets, subscriptions, memberships, or merchandise, and to customize our website content, or enable you to participate in special promotions and to navigate PACA websites without having to re-enter information.
If you provide us with your e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number, we may use such information to contact you, from time to time, regarding our products and services.
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your unique identifier information (e.g. customer number or password), contact information and a description of information that we maintain about you. You can access this information by making such request to us at the e-mail address, telephone number or mailing address displayed below.
We do not provide your personally identifiable information to any advertising server companies.
How to Update or Control the Information PACA Maintains or Sends About You
We believe that you should have the ability to access and edit the personally identifiable information that you have provided us.
If you want to change or modify the information, please make such request to us at the e-mail address, telephone number or mailing address displayed below. Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the personal information that you provide to us. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our website.
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data that we collect is protected from unauthorized access.
Data Retention Policy
We will retain your personal information for only so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes we have described above, considering the criteria such as applicable rules on statutes of limitations and other legal requirements of the various jurisdictions that govern PACA, and the duration of your use of our website and Services.
USERS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION AND SWITZERLAND
To the extent that PACA is subject to the laws of the European Union when processing personal data (“Personal Data”), it shall be the “data controller” under such laws.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
- necessary for the performance of Our Services to you (for example, to provide you with tickets for the performances you purchase, or to resolve billing or customer service inquiries related to your use of our Services);
- necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules or to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement);
- necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the website and our Services);
- to protect the vital interests of you or another person (for example, if we collect any sensitive information about you to provide you with special accommodations or seating for performances);
- to perform a task carried out in the public or substantial public interest (for example, to provide disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility the opportunity to attend performances); and
- where legally required and we have no other valid legal basis to process Personal Data, we will use consent by our customers (for example, to provide you with marketing information or share information with third parties), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with Personal Data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you all of our Services, and for you to use all the features of our website.
International Transfers of Personal Data
The nature of PACA’s business means that the Personal Data that we collect through our Services from citizens of the EU and Switzerland will be transferred to the United States. We take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your Personal Data are bound to duties of confidentiality and we implement measures to ensure that any transferred Personal Data, remains protected and secure.
As described above in the “Local Laws” section, under data protection laws in the European Union and Switzerland, you have certain rights related to your Personal Data.
You may be entitled to exercise the right to:
- Object to our processing of your Personal Data (for instance, where the basis of our processing is our legitimate interests, see section above “Legal Basis for Data Processing”). If so, we will stop processing your data and will not resume processing your data unless we can establish compelling legitimate grounds that override your rights.
- Request to restrict the processing of your Personal Data (for example, if your Personal Data is not accurate).
- Request that we update your Personal Data, if you believe that it is not accurate, or is incomplete.
- Request access to your Personal Data, if you want to receive a copy of it, or to receive confirmation from us that we are processing your information and how You may request access to your Personal Data, but we cannot provide you with information relating to others that you did not provide to us, or information from others who have not consented to our disclosing their information to you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. We cannot erase certain data, if, for example, we must retain it for legal purposes.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
When we receive a request from you to exercise one of the rights enumerated above, we will indicate the Personal Data that we need from you to validate your identity, and provide you with information on what actions, if any, we intend to take on your request. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but no later than 30 days after we receive your request. In certain circumstances, we might have to extend the time by an additional two months, if your request is particularly complex. If you consider that our processing of your data infringes upon applicable law, you may submit a complaint to a supervisory authority as provided in the applicable laws.
PACA is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information that we collect from you on our website to enhance your experience at PACA’s websites.
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please send any questions via e-mail to email@example.com.