The Aventura Arts & Cultural Center (AACC) is a beautiful 14,864-square-foot waterfront performing arts facility situated on the intracoastal whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for Aventura by providing a variety of performing arts and relevant cultural programming for audiences of all ages.
The AACC officially opened in October 2010 with a star-studded celebration and a vibrant “Curtain Up” event where the community experienced the Center’s cultural opportunities firsthand including guided tours of the building and a variety of entertainment. The grand opening celebration followed Curtain Up with a cocktail reception and an evening with the legendary two-time Tony Award-winning performer, Patti LuPone.
- 330 seat auditorium.
- Backstage support with dressing rooms.
- An outdoor plaza with connected Shorewalk and brick pavers representing donation based Walk of Arts.
- Providing a beautiful waterfront view, the lobby is entirely enclosed by a floor-to-ceiling glass wall structure and includes a ticket box office and concession stand.
- The lobby features a beautiful mosaic of glass plaques dedicated to Honor Roll Founders donations.
- The lobby’s unique terrazzo floor is the vision of local artist, Edouard Duval-Carrié, and it was commissioned by Miami-Dade Art in Public Places program. The art installation reflects the beauty of the Atlantic waters and its vital aquatic life.
- Chandaliers of varying heights and diameters by New Arrivals cascade down the ceiling of the main lobby entrance to celebrate the Center’s location on the beautiful bay. The fixtures emanate a soft glow and are visible from the exterior of the lobby as well.
- Complimenting the overall design of the Center and hanging high above the side aisles, the gorgeous chandaliers in the auditorium are made of coiling and twisting aluminum which generate an intricate pattern on adjacent surfaces.
The facility was designed by PGAL (Pierce, Goodwin, Alexander & Linville). In October 2010, the AACC building was selected as Project of the Year by the Associated Builders and Contractors Florida East Coast Chapter and the Gold Medal project by Building of America Network.
The facility was constructed by Suffolk Construction in April 2010.
The Aventura Arts & Cultural Center is managed by the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (PACA), and continues to bring an extraordinary new world of cultural opportunities to one of the most desirable and vibrant destinations, Aventura – The City of Excellence.