The Mission of the Board is to assist the City of Aventura in maintaining a facility that offers a wide range of quality entertainment year-round and cultivates partnerships with other local and regional organizations to enhance the quality of life for Aventura by providing a variety of performing arts and relevant cultural programming for audiences of all ages.
The jurisdiction of the Board shall be solely advisory. Action of the Board shall be in the form of a written recommendation of advice to the City Manager and/or Arts and Cultural Center General Manager. The following matters shall be within the advisory jurisdiction of the Board:
- Promote the mission of the Arts and Cultural Center and broad spectrum of performing arts.
- Provide input on programming options as requested by the City Manager and Arts and Cultural Center General Manager. Final programming decisions shall rest with the Arts and Cultural Center General Manager.
- Recommend and assist with the implementation of fundraising and sponsorship opportunities to support the Center's operations and programming. The Board may accept donations on behalf of the Center in a manner as approved by the City Manager.
- Review policies and regulations as requested by the City Manager and Arts and Cultural Center General Manager as it relates to the Arts and Cultural Center.
- Assist in the promotion of the Arts and Cultural Center programs and assist in organizing the annual "Curtains Up" event.
Advisory Board Members
Judy Scott Lotwin