OPENING OUR STAGE DOOR TO COMMUNITY GROUPS
The Arts Access Program, an innovative program created by the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, assists community-based organizations aspiring to present professional-level arts and cultural performances at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center. We believe that community organizations have the ability to become expert performing arts presenters, and we recognize the value locally based artists and organizations add to our slate of programming by providing events that are relevant to the community and bringing in new audiences.
The Arts Access Program is not a grant-giving or sponsorship program. Instead, approved program partners receive up to a full credit toward the cost of renting our facilities and up to a $500 credit toward sound and lighting, as well as professional advice from the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center experienced staff. This innovative program offers community groups access to the facilities and resources available at one of Florida’s most prestigious performing arts centers.
Applying for the Arts Access Program
The program accepts both commercial and non-profit applicants. Arts Access participants receive up to a full credit toward the cost of renting our facilities and up to a $500 credit toward sound and lighting, as well as professional advice from the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center experienced staff.
Applications are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Does your program meet Aventura Arts & Cultural Center programming goals?
- Does your event increase the diversity of activity at the Center either in art form or by a demographic variable (age, sex, race, ethnicity, etc.)?
- Is your budget realistic?
- Is your marketing plan sound?
- Do you have prior producing or presenting experience?
- How successful were your past events?
- Does your event have support from others?
- If it is a fund-raiser, how much money will you raise and for whom?
We encourage you to turn in your application three months prior to your event date. Applicants should be prepared to proceed with the event if the application is not accepted. Award amounts may vary. Not all applications will be accepted and decisions are final. Applicants are welcome to apply again in the future for other events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our group doesn’t have a 501-C3 tax-exempt status. Can we still apply?
Yes, any organization with a well-considered event proposal is eligible to apply.
How do I apply?
Complete a simple application form with details about your proposed event. Call 305-466-8002 to request an application.
Events must be scheduled prior to submitting an Arts Access application. If you have not scheduled an event, please call the General Manager at 305-466-8002.
What do I need to apply to the Arts Access program?
- Detailed event description
- Proposed event date(s) and time(s)
- Proposed venue
- Detailed event budget
- Marketing plan
- Information regarding sponsors or others supporting your event
- Your organization’s most recent financial statement
- Any other information you feel would support your application (e.g., photos, news clips, reviews, marketing collateral, etc.)
When is the application due?
We encourage you to turn in your application three months prior to your scheduled event date.
How do I submit my application?
Attn: Arts Access
Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
3385 N.E. 188th Street
Aventura, FL 33180
How soon is an application decision made?
You will be informed if you have been accepted into the Arts Access Program shortly after your application is received.